Monday, December 16, 2013

Recipe: Skillet Chicken Breasts

The one food item I try to always keep in my fridge when I'm at college is chicken breasts. I also recently discovered the use of chicken thighs for most of the same recipes. You can do pretty much anything with some good chicken, such as this recipe I concocted one day this past semester.


Ingredients:
Chicken breasts or thighs (as many as you want to eat/save for leftovers)
Olive Oil (few tablespoons)
Soy Sauce (enough to provide a marinade base)
Onion Powder
Parsley Flakes
Garlic (I use the jar of garlic pieces available at Walmart)
A dollop of honey

Instructions:

  1. Marinade your chicken in the ingredients listed above for at least 5 minutes or longer depending on how much chicken you are planning to cook.
  2. Pour chicken and marinade into a skillet or frying pan and cover. Cook on medium to medium-high heat 2-5 minutes, depending on amount of chicken meat.
  3. Flip chicken and cook (covered) for another 2-3 minutes.
  4. Remove pan from heat and determine if chicken is cooked through by flaking with a fork or cutting the largest segment in half. 
  5. Enjoy with steamed rice, spaghetti noodles, green beans, etc. I also like to sauté onions or bell peppers in the leftover marinade. 
Photo: I Believe I Can Fry's Flickr page - CC BY-NC 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment