Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Next Project: Gloves!

Well, I'm back from my wonderful trip to Asia and I've been knitting a pair of gloves for a friend of mine. This is my first attempt at gloves and, let me just say, I'm learning a lot of knitting techniques. For example, this is my first time knitting an entire project on double pointed needles! 

This is the pattern that I'm using. It makes a design on the back of the gloves, but because the yarn my friend gave me is self-striping, I 86ed the design part and kept everything else. Here is a picture of the work in progress, and once I finish the second glove, I'll put up a final picture. It's not perfect, but I think she will still like them. I head back to college this Saturday, and I hope to have most of the second glove completed by then. 
Until next time,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment