Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Knit this Easy Clutch Wallet

I came up with this pattern when I needed a small wallet to hold my foreign currency for a trip. Enjoy the pattern and my tips for finishing the wallet while I finish completing this blog. You can also check out my personal blog here and my 30 Before 30 Project here.




Yarn: Worsted weight
Needles: Straight size 8
Notions: Yarn needle
For Finishing: 7" zipper, thread, sewing needle

  • Cast on 28 stitches
  • Knit 1 row
  • Purl 1 row
  • K1, m1 (using the backward method), k until 1 st remains, m1, k1
  • p2, m1, p until 2 sts remain, m1, p2
  • Pattern row 1: *k1, p1, repeat from * until row is completed
  • Pattern row 2: *p1, k1, repeat from *
  • Repeat the two pattern rows until desired length is achieved (knitted fabric will be folded in half)
  • Knit pattern row 1 again
  • p2, p2tog, p until 4 sts remain, p2tog, p2
  • k1, k2tog, k until 3 sts remain, k2tog, k1
  • Purl 1 row
  • Knit 1 row
  • Bind off 28 stitches (relatively loosely)
  • Fold in half and sew up the two short sides using a yarn needle and excess yarn
  • Sew a close-bottom zipper into the long side. (See my post on sewing in the zipper and finishing the wallet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment